No kidding .. we have all suffered, man.  I have had people E-mail me
telling me that their E-mail doesn't work, calling me and then referring to
their keyboard as their typewriter, referring to their box as the modem,
trying to connect without a modem, bitching that a co-worker of mine
wouldn't help them with their VCR (even though it was an electronic device
and therefore must be a computer), bitching that the same coworker wouldn't
help them troubleshoot their printer, tell me that their 'Internet is
broke', tell me that their 'laser is broke' (bar-code scanner, to everyone
who doesn't know what a 'laser' is), insist that the program that they are
using magically deleted their data while they weren't at the computer or
weren't looking .. *sigh*

If I go on, I'm afraid I might start to twitch again and then lose control
of all bodily functions ..

5 years is too long .. your tour is up man.  You deserve some serious hazard
pay.  Get out on the next evac/abandon ship/bail out, retreat!  No military
court will ever convict you.  Come home.

Todd
-----
Todd for President
Mandating a 2 year limit on any tech-support TOD and providing counseling
and treatment for tech-support induced combat syndrome, for a better
tomorrow.