> A technician from a large blue hardware vendor who insisted I drive over
> 100 miles to the client site because the computers were all down,
> when the
> problem was that he had plugged everything into the UPS,  but failed to
> plug the UPS in and turn it on.

I've had something similar to this - they had a smallish UPS and wanted to
ensure that all the machines in the office were covered in case of a
power-cut... so they plugged 5 computers (and monitors), the server, 2 laser
printers and the fax into this one UPS, it came up and then died...

I had to sit and explain that the UPS on covers a certain amount and was
intended for just the server... but they didn't want to spend the money to
buy UPSs for all of the machines...

Philip Arnold
Technical Director
Certified ColdFusion Developer