  From: Maureen
  To: CF-Community
  Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2001 10:55 PM
  Subject: Re: todays dumb call.

  At 10:33 PM 12/6/01, Todd wrote:
  >5 years is too long .. your tour is up man.  You deserve some serious
hazard
  >pay.  Get out on the next evac/abandon ship/bail out, retreat!  No
military
  >court will ever convict you.  Come home.

  Lots of us have been in the trenches too long.

  My worst support stories..

  A user who called frantic because every time she opened Eudora her
machine
  crashed.  Turned out she had over 200 messages open, each in a
separate window.

  An accounting manager who would hit the break key and stop the program
so
  the computer would know when she was going on break.

  A technician from a large blue hardware vendor who insisted I drive
over
  100 miles to the client site because the computers were all down, when
the
  problem was that he had plugged everything into the UPS,  but failed
  plug the UPS in and turn it on.

  It's too bad stupidity isn't painful.