Um, who cares where it appears. It is clearly marked as an "opinion" piece.
After you see it's an opinion piece, you next check out who the author is.
As soon as I saw who the author was....i figured i should lend some credence
to his opinions. Of course, i don't know what his politics are.

I mean, i read the opinions/editorials in the New York Times....a liberal
bastion. I take each one on an author by author basis, and don't instantly
discount it just because it's printed in a liberal paper.