No one in this forum who believes it voted for Bush, so who cares what you guys
think? You'll take any chance you get to bash the guy.

No one at any level of government responded well to the crisis, but I don't
call teh rescue effort a failure. Hundreds of thousands of people could have
died. Tens of thousands could have died. Initial sweeps of New Orleans are now
indicating that the death toll may be far lower than 10,000:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/07/news.update/index.html

If that is the case, I don't call that a failure. I call that a remarkable
triumph by people on the ground despite complete bureaucratic incompetence from
the government.

The Colonel may believe that the leader should fall on his sword with things go
wrong, but polling shows that most Americans don't blame Bush for the failure
of the crisis reponse. Personally, I think he did rather poorly in the response
early on, but he has at least gotten serious enough to send M. Brown back to
DC, hopefully leading up to canning the guy.