About the same time if I remember correctly.  The phrase had appeared on
some coinage earlier but wasn't uniformly present until the 50's.

Ah... the 50's.  Rampant anti-Americanism wrapped up in a rabid, but deeply
flawed, facade of Americanism.  I'm sure glad THAT will never happen again!

Jim Davis