> Sam wrote:
> None of the many witness were  givin immunity.

The U.S. attorney's manual requires that prosecutors not bring
witnesses before a grand jury if there is a possibility of future
criminal charges unless the witnesses are notified in advance that
their testimony can be used against them in a later indictment.

> If he didn't volunteer they could have subpoenaed him. Then he would
> have to testify or use Presidential immunity.

So?  This president has made a habit of presidential power ala the
energy policy meetings.  His motto should be "so sue me."

If Rove is innocent as the President claims he's told him numerous
times, why take the risk of some bogus charge by repeatedly returning
to court?  ESPECIALLY  when the prosecutor tells you he can no longer
guarantee you won't be indicted?

I could buy your argument if it was a single appearance accompanied by
the customary lack of warning, but this is *totally* different.

Dude.  Seriously.  Rove is an OJ.