From: Michael Dinowitz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2001 11:21 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: Domestic terrorists

There's a real question here of what is a lack of coverage. So far I've
seen references to it on NPR, CNN, NYTimes, and a number of other places.
Now admittedly I read a LOT of news sources but where's the dividing line
between to little, enough and too much.
For example, there was a terrorist bomb that missed blowing up the American
general in Israel by a few minutes. There was also a story where he was
quoted as saying how Arafat was just not trustworthy to talk to. Neither of
these stories got to many (most?) of the American papers. I'd say that's to
little.
There was a story over the last month about the last two Jews in Afganastan
and that they've been fighting each other for years. This story was in
about every newspaper both online and off. I even saw it on TV in one of
those 60 minute like shows. It was a big so what story but was everywhere.
I'd say that was to much.
This story has gotten to a lot of places over the last day or two and as we
speak seems to be moving to more. I'd say its gotten out of the to little
category.
And yes, terrorism is lunacy pure and simple.

At 02:09 PM 12/13/01, you wrote:
>My reason for bringing it up at all was because I thought there was a lack
>of media coverage.  I've felt this way on a number of
>issues including GW Bush's recent snubbing of North Korea which could have
>serious ramifications in that area of the World (there
>was almost NO coverage of this important issue).  I also thought it was
>interesting that people who have experienced the horrors of
>terrorism are using terrorism themselves.  I'm not saying that this does
>not already happen (for example, British terrorists) but
>fighting terrorism with terrorism is lunacy...
>
>Howie

Now