Alright Will, you just made the list!!!

Just kidding.  Racism does exist here, but not to the extend that a lot
of people believe and definitely not to the extent that some say it does
(Jackson, Sharpton, Etc.).  My thoughts on the issue parallel Beth's in
several ways.  Racism in the past has definitely taken its toll on our
country and still lingers in subtle and some not so subtle ways.  I
agree with her on why poverty has struck blacks at a higher rate than
non-blacks.  I put responsibility for individual lives squarely on the
shoulders of that individual so societal blames don't sit with me.
Opportunities abound in this country but it's not easy.  It's not
supposed to be.  If an individual does not take responsibility for his
or her own life, then there's nothing society can do about it either
positive or negative.

There are still remnants of institutional racism, but again, not on a
large scale and there is definitely a sense in this country that that
sort of racism won't be tolerated.  We've come a long way and have a
ways to go, but I think a solid groundwork has been laid out and if we
continue on this path then it will continually get better.  Never will
it be eradicated, but at least it won't be allowed to prevail.

Michael Corrigan
Programmer
Endora Digital Solutions
www.endoradigital.com