I think the semantic argument is where some people get lost here Gruss.

It might be better to use a word like ambition or desire.  Greed has such a
negative connotation for most people that you will automatically have people
arguing with you.

I think everyone here knows of my passion for Rand, and as such you know
that I understand what you mean by greed is just the natural human desire to
succeed, to grow and gain more.  The want that we all feel, whether it's
some consumer item like your cat back, or even a desire for relationships.
I mean, all of these things are essentially an exchange of some sort, with
purchasing power it's an exchange of money, which you get by working.  With
relationships it's an exchange of values, which you also get by working,
just in a different manner.

I don't believe in altruism in the least.  I think that everything humans do
is guided by self interest.  From working hard to get more money and things
for yourself, to donating to charity and doing good works for some supposed
reward in the great hereafter.

Hmmm, there I go rambling again.