the thing is that it costs x amount of dollars to live and if you tax
that then it cost x+y. Which is ok if the amount you make is quite a
bit more than that total but not so if you are already doing without
things because you do not earn x.

On the other hand a tax on consumption might slow down some of the
mindless consumerism in our society. Part of the problem is that
everyone thinks they have to have certain toys or they are not a
success.

I printed the FAQ from the site, need to do some actual work right now.

Dana