I would say both.

The technical points are valid (sort of) - the "comments" and "trackback"
features of the tool don't have any real "security" in the sense that he's
talking about and might be offering more information than they should.

However the main point is that nobody else does either (at least nobody that
I know of).  These are safeguards that would be nice to add, but are not at
all unusual in their absence.

Of course in his investigation to discover these issues he found those
places of code that are causing him grief and could have fixed them there
and then.  The code is open - open it!  Fix what you don't like.

It's like going into a bank with your $5-birthday-bill from grandma and
demanding to see the laser-guided machine guns which will protect your money
- then getting pissed off when they don't have them.

In short I found his points worth exploring - similar to the feeling you
might have if you saw a quarter sticking out of a pile of dogshit.  Yeah,
having that quarter might be nice... but it's not worth wading through shit
to get something of so little actual value.

The bottom line is that Ray's code is free, open-source and provided "as
is".  Any calls to force him to "support his code" are ridiculous.

Jim Davis