Hi Dana:

The doc didn't guarantee success.  He told me the same thing every
other doc has.  40%-60%.  Good odds?  well, not really....could be
better.  But it's better than a mask that ends up on the floor next to
my bed 100% of the time.

I had my preregistration today and the nurse doing the registration
said that she thinks it should be successful (and yes, i'm taking it
with a grain of salt).  she said that a lot of times the apneas are
caused by people who are significantly overweight (i could stand to
lose 20 lbs or so...but i wouldn't consider myself morbidly obese).
The success % of 40-60% is skewed down a bit by having those people in
the result set.

I'm not going in with rose-colored glasses.  I'm hopeful...but not
necessarily optimistic.  Well, let's call it cautionsly optimistic.
Surviving would be the minimal I'd hope for :)  I know that any
surgery has inherent risks...but relatively speaking, this is a fairly
straightforward procedure that should be done in an hour.  It'll be
painful for a week to a week and a half.  I'm willing to risk that if
it means that I can sleep on my own.

They're doing a Septoplasty, Turbinate Reduction and a UPPP.
Hopefully between the 3, things will be fixed.  At the very least,
maybe they'll just be "better".

I appreciate the concern as well as the advice you've provided in the
past.  I'll let you know how things go (pain factor, and after a
follow up sleep study in the not-too-distant future...whether or not
it was met with any degree of success).