first of all, you assume that my support of the Democrats is as blind as yours
to the Republicans sometimes seems to be. Second of all, the embassy takeover
was, Jesus, almost thirty years ago. But hey, we used bad behavior that was
almost as old as an excuse aganst the Iraqis, so that's ok...

As for Bush, I'll say it again, he's decimated the Bill of Rights and made the
US look stupid abroad; created enemies  he didn't have before and stirred up
the ones we did who might have been disposed to leave us alone; he has
alienated people who were inclined to be our friends and caused untold needless
carnage in Iraq. But hey, he's a nice guy ;\

I'll thank you not to put words in my mouth. I'd love to be wrong about all
this. I don't think I am though. I don't think the US is a rogue state --
implies more that a rogue government -- but I can certainly see how that might
be Iran's perception.

Personally I think you are just trying to change the subject :)

Dana