I'm not endorsing the waves of genocide that occurred when the Europeans
colonized the Americas, but your little tirade fails to recognize that the
Mesoamerican civilizations regularly fought and slaughtered each other, as
did the Europeans internally, as did the civilizations of the Middle East,
Africa, and Asia.

If the Incas had had the military and technical capacity to wipe out
Pizarro's army, I have no doubt they would have done it. They might have
then sailed to Europe and conquered those nations. But they didn't, because
they didn't have gunpowder (a Chinese, not European, invention) or cannons,
or rifles, or ocean-faring ships. But the Incas were a conquering people,
not some noble peace-loving perfectionist society.  I hate that sort of
historical revisionism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inca