> Gel wrote:
> Which brings us back to the first point, that it's surprising he's in
> one piece after having that kind of ordinance dropped on him.

If you look at the pictures you can see that most of the ruble is
intact rather than fragmented which says to me (a former civil
engineer) that it's the shockwave that destroyed the building.

A better way to think of it is like a house of cards a millisecond
after you smacked your hand on the table.  The card house would bounce
up intact for a split second and then fall in a pile.  The rebound
force from your smack would travel as a wave (a distrbance that
propagates) through the table and have the effect of throwing the
cards in the air, but also traveling through them.  Which is why the
whole structure lifts intact.

The bombs are the same.  They have the effect of vaporizing the mortar
and actually lifting the building momentarily like a bouncing ball.
If you freeze framed right there, the building would look mostly
intact, just like the house of cards, but everyone inside would be
dead.  Then the building would fall in a pile of rubble.

Death comes, most probably, from the shockwave which is just
compressed air.  It travels via the air and building just like sound.
Even inside your house, you can hear outside sounds, right?  A sonic
boom would be very audible inside and you'd also feel it.  Well,
you're hearing and feeling the shock wave.

Now crank up that shockwave 100,000 times.

Not only does the shockwave hit you like a truck, but it also
propagates through your body.  Meaning every cell.  You're going to
feel that in the morning.

So, like I said, most likely he received multiple death blows: 1 from
the shock wave, 1 from the falling rubble, 1 from the crushing effect
of the fallen rubble, and 1 from suffocation.  But he died when that
shockwave hit him.

Keh-boom.