> Sam wrote:
> Let's try this again, you advocate REGULATING drugs but dismiss all the users?

I advocate a solution a la the Netherlands and Switzerland.  As you
pointed out, you know a few addicts, therefore prevention via
legislation has failed.  Further, the threat of jail does not deter a
crack addict who needs crack: both for the use of crack and for the
illegal acts the may do to get the crack.

By legalizing drugs you remove the power from drug dealers and put it
back in the hands of the people.  Further you provide a treatment path
for those that want it without fear of prosecution.  Thirdly, you
ensure that an addict can acquire drugs without resorting to robbery
or murder.

As for the addicts themselves, well, you voted to make them felons not
me.   Felons can't vote or own guns.  You actively favor categorizing
illegal drug users as felons.  I don't.