> I played rugby for several years before my knees went out, so you are
being
> sexist.  I have no kids and no man is dominant over me.  In fact, saying
> that men are more dominant is one of the most sexist statements I have
ever
> heard in my entire life.

What were you doing out of the kitchen?

> Men aren't more dominant they just enjoy hurting
> each other more than women do, generally.  I wouldn't necesarily say this
is
> a quality I admire in them.

OK .. lets put it this way .. From a natural/biological standpoint, human
males tend to be more aggressive and dominating.  We're just built that way.
What makes the difference is our social structure which is much more complex
pecking order than other animals have.

> I have a brother who is mild mannered, terrible at sports and got the crap
> kicked out of him in bombardment.  He didn't have the skills nor the
> inclination to kick back.  In the school we went to it wasn't respected
that
> my brother had incredible grades, was probably the brightest kid in school
> (he got one question incorrect on his SAT's - he is very bright) - the
only
> thing that mattered was that he was lousy at sports.

Yep .. that pesky nature thing again.  That's how other animals determine
their social structure.  The bigger and stronger tend to be higher up in the
pecking order.

> I actually enjoyed both dodgeball and bombardment, but I think its an
> inappropriate game for gym class, really - the object is to hurt other
kids.
> We should teach our kids that hurting other kids is wrong.

Hurt other kids?  What did you all use, basketballs?  heh.  We used these
squishy foam balls.  They didn't hurt a bit.

I suck at sports.  I'm not athletic.  I'm not a very big guy.  In high
school, I was 5' 6" and weighed about 127 lbs.  I did ok in softball, was
too short for basketball .. football?  are you kidding?  heh.  I did like
dogdeball.  We had to play ALL of these in gym class.  Dodgeball was one of
the few games where I could compete on pretty much the same level as other
people.  Let me tell you what .. dodgeball hurt a hell of a lot less than
football.  Actually, it didn't hurt at all.

> Now, I know this is going to spiral into another argument about how you
> schmucks think we should teach our children to do whatever it takes to get
> on top, including hurting and stepping on others, because what really
> matters is winning - but I think to teach our kids this does them and the
> rest of the world a grave disservice.

I am not a schmuck .. I only play one on the Internet.

Naaa .. you can't teach someone that.  Either they are predispoed to that
sort of behavior, or they aren't.  I know a could get further faster by
taking advantage of people and stepping on them and all that, but it's just
not in my nature.

Todd
-----
Todd for President
Keeping women where they belong, for a better tomorrow.