My grandfather had his leg cut off due to diabities before he died. If that
could be cured by a few embryos that may or may not even develop into life,
then I'm all for it. We're talking cells, not people.

And if this is a religious issue it show pure lack of faith in God. If you
have faith that God has a plan and will provide for specific people to be
born, then you have no control over it and can use as many embrios as you
want. God will make sure the right ones become people and the wrong ones
become stem cells.