From: Tom Forbes [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2002 11:02 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: New One: Death of Macromedia

Maureen, have you figured out yet what dissing means? I've used all the
on-line feminist dictionaries I can find, but no luck. I guess it must
still be a highly classified thing that you do with your body, or body
parts. Don't send any pics - PLEASE.

Now that I have positioned myself in the proper hall (CF-Community) I shall
lay out a scenario that should make some of you ponder just a bit.

MM is loosing millions a week - and it has over 1,000 employees. What's the
fastest way to reduce your overhead? No - not Dissing. Laying off.

One more point to ponder, too bad Childress missed his date. I predict,
with double precision, that Adobe will swallow - willing or not - most of
MM. This will be most apt to occur in 2003.

There you have it. I stepped on no ones toes or egos (thankfully) and yet
have left the "girls" something to talk about during their cigarette breaks.

And above all - remember this. No matter how much you may know about
programming and bashing, you do not know what is in the head of the guy
several layers above you. If you did, no one would have lost thousands on
the Allaire disaster. Now you are MM's - the same axiom will apply here
too. NONE of you know what is in the top heads of Adobe and MM right now.
One thing is for certain, you can not continue working on a million dollar
a day loss.

Erica with 2 last names - I trust you have finally stopped rolling on your
floor - or is it Ladie's Nite down at the old coral?

My pre-discussion test regarding MSF - forget it - it is a BAD fit.

I have learned lots about the insides of many of you. I have subscribed on
and off since about 1996 to the CF-Talk board - I know you will not miss me
here.

Don't forget, buy Adobe on the lows!