> Well, my point was the irony of a fat guy, who's also an avid liberal
> basher, blaming obesity on liberals.  But let's talk about the points
> you bring up:

I know he lost a lot of weight some time back (yes, the jokes could be
made about pain killers and appetite loss, that's up to you) but from
what I've seen as of late I'm more overweight than he is.

> (1.) As I understand it, food stamps can be used to buy food - any food.

Depends on the program.  Food pantries (typically government
subsidised but privately run) give out whatever they have on their own
shelves.  WIC is a program for women (and children) that only allows
for certain things.  Food stamps will only cover certain items from
what I recall.  Depends on the bureacracy running it (especially since
those are run at the state level).

> (2.) More importantly, even if they only buy potato chips Limbaugh
> claims to push a conservative philosophy, a major tenant of which is
> personal responsibility.  He should be blaming the people, therefore,
> not the government.  To a real conservative (and he's only a fake one)
> it's the people's fault, not the government's.

He is saying that because poor people have gotten used to living on
the government dole and based on what the article was saying, his
translation of the article is that it is the government's fault.

'Course then again it doesn't matter what he or I say, he could say
that a broken clock is right twice a day and you'd say that he's
saying a clock isn't right 98% of the time.

> So it's about choices.  That is, personal responsibility.  If
> anything, Limbaugh should be criticizing education, but for a
> conservative he should be criticizing people.

My point on welfare is this: people will continue to be on welfare
until the system is redesigned to push them into the workforce.
Handing someone cheese, butter and bread from now until eternity is
not the way to deal with public assistance.  We do need better
education and assistance that is geared towards putting people in
jobs.  Right now the systems that were created by liberals going back
to FDR have done very little for the reeducation and/or placement of
the unemployed.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and
you feed him for a lifetime.