no it's not a redistribution of wealth, however, in a sense it does create
wealth ( or more precisely the possibility of wealth) when you build
infrastructure.

It is possible to have the economy that we do in the US because Eisenhower
built the interstate system, possible in a way that it is not currently
possible in Afghanistan. A more educated, healthier workforce also is an
infrastructure improvement.