Taxes, by and large (aside from certain national defense and
infrastructure bits), are simply a wealth re-distribution mechanisim.
The entire good or bad of them rests on who controls how much is
collected and how they are re-distributed among the populace.  It's no
mystery that the poor think huge amounts of the wealth should be
re-distributed to them, and it's also no mystery that the people who
have the wealth (earned or not) want to keep their money.

The problem then, is that we ALL pay too much taxes, and spending is
totally and completely out of control, on virtually all levels, for
virtually everything the government does.  It's not a Bush problem, or
a Republican problem, or a Democrat problem, it's a national goverment
problem.  And if you pay taxes, it's your problem.

-Cameron