Peace and Love, Eri*K*a, really glad you're here too!
-Benny

-----Original Message-----
From: Erika L. Walker-Arnold [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 3:19 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: RE: Religious argument in the US... Why?

One thing I've noticed about the members of this list...

There are many of us deeply affected by the whole concept of *religion* and
*faith* and what it means.

I'm following this whole thread (and others on the same topic) closely
because I'm fascinated as an ex-catholic. I used to go to church every
Sunday, pray at night, etc. Then I realized I was living a very hypocritical
life in the views of the catholic church. So I stopped believing, I stopped
going to church. I stopped caring about religion altogether, and made sure I
stayed out of all conversations on the subject.

Except I wanted to give my 2 cents worth here, because I had a few minutes
to spare, and I felt like chiming in.

I actually do not believe in anything but the fact that one of these days, I
will die. It doesn't matter to me if there is a heaven or hell, doesn't
matter to me if there is another life waiting for me or that my spirit will
hover over the earth, peaceful or in turmoil. It doesn't matter if I am
accepted or rejected by some supreme deity.

I will be dead, my body will be cremated, and my ashes scattered. (Not
enough room in the world, so I'm helping conserve space.)

My life, as I know it right now, as I love it right now, will be over and
all the debating in the world, isn't going to bring it back.

So until then, I will try to live as well as I can. I will try to treat
people with respect and love. I will do things that make me happy and that
make other people happy. Because, in all reality, life is so short. We never
know if we are going to be the victim of some distracted driver on a cell
phone, or a terrorist, or of some horrible cancer.

I count myself so VERY lucky to be a part of this group, to listen to you
folks, to be able to chat with you when I want. I list that on MY list of
great things in my life. I have made so many stupid mistakes, and said bad
things in the past, that I try to look forward, and enjoy what comes.

The best thing of all, is that we are all SOOOO different. It makes everyone
interesting, and if we didn't have so many faiths and so many viewpoints,
then we would all be SOOO boring. :)

So I guess, my point is, that while you discuss this topic, and debate the
differences, that you all keep in mind, how wonderful you all are, and how
great it is that we can debate this topic.

Because I am some sort of hippy-type freak, who just wants everyone to get
along and not call each other names or fight. :)

OK. So now you can shoot me for being some kind of like, I don't know,
mother hen or something. I know I just made myself sick...but I'm posting
this ANYWAY.

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!

E with a sentimental K

*** and not getting enough SEX! See what it does to you! Turns you into a
SAP!***

.
.
. <--- for the line monster, because I love him too!