On 11/8/06, Gruss Gott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The good news is that we'll see change in Iraq.  I've heard the new
> slogan is "Truth, Accountability, Progress".  We'll see.  That being
> said that's no more a strategy than, "we're going to fight, and we're
> going to win."

How do you see a change coming in Iraq when the executors of the war all
remain in place? Congress can only bitch and moan and call meetings, but
beyond that, their only real power would be to withhold the necessary funds,
which is something they simply won't do, lest they be seen as abandoning our
troops.

So we'll see if the Dems can best Bush by actually defining a
> strategy, executing, and measuring and adjusting rather than repeating
> slogans.

So congress will issues some strong statements against the war....Bush will
smirk and continue unabated. I still don't see change.

As for liberal vs. conservative, last night proved those terms are now
> meaningless.  Here are the questions you should ask yourself and
> others:

They aren't meaningless, they've just shifted definitions. I stated a while
ago that I believe they've shifted to define what a person believes on
social matters. To that end, I really believe that last night's vote was a
reproach to the rise in social conservatism and religious indoctrination in
this country.

Maybe that's just wishful thinking. I guess the only thing I can say with
certainty is that MY vote was directly intended as a vote against the
religious and socially conservative right.

1.) Do you believe the government is always the best tool to use to
> solve social problems?

This used to designate "liberals", back when that term applied to
governance. Now it implies "conservatives", as it applies to moral
applications written into law.

Hence the shift.

2.) Do you believe the liberty of the individual is the highest moral
> government should advocate or do you believe that government should
> define and enforce its own morality?

See 1.

The first question determines your fiscal polarity and the second your
> social polarity.

Perhaps, in very simple terms.

--
Anarchist reactionary running dog revisionist
Hindu muslim catholic creation / evolutionist