Go for the PMP, reasons below after a brief anti-Six Sigma rant...

Six Sigma is all the rage where I work... The only benefit I can see
is that becoming a black belt apparently means you are able to
expertly ignore your own work while telling other people how to do
their work more efficiently.

now as far as PMP... I don't think you need a sponsor company as with
6Sigma. I know a woman who got her PMP because she noticed that in her
profession (Project Management) it was very nearly a ubiquitous
requirement, she said it was not a complete waste of time, but it
didn't really help much for "real-world" applications.

Also, she said that several hiring managers have asked her about her
PMP Cert without knowing what to expect as an answer to a PMP related
question. Basically, they knew a candidate sould have the cert, but
not why.

YMMV

--
will

"If my life weren't funny, it would just be true;
and that would just be unacceptable."
- Carrie Fisher