On 12/5/06, Gruss Gott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yes, to finding the truth, not to religion I would argue.  For
> example, Christianity doesn't proclaim to be one interpretation, or
> school of thought, it claims to be the only one. And Catholicism, for
> example, claims to be the correct form of Christianity.
>
> This is different from, say, the debate over string theory and loop
> quantum gravity.  In that debate both sides claim to be right, claim
> to study the one true faith, but will acknowledge the legitimacy of
> the other due to a lack of empirical data.
>
> In religion the expectation is that, despite proof, you are to accept
> blindly and all other faiths have no legitimacy.

That is bunk.

Catholicism KNOWS it is but one interpretation of Christianity. Does it
believe it is the TRUE faith? OF COURSE! But that doesn't mean it doesn't
acknowledge the existence of the other Christian sects.

Comparing religion to science is also BS. Science is a search for an
attainable truth. Religion is not. In religion, at some point, you have to
throw up your hands and say "you know, this is what I believe....simply
because I do."

--
Happy Christmas you arse, I pray God it's our last.