Did you ever read JOB by Robert Heinlein? Good book on this subject.

My wife is Hindu and went to Episcopalian school. She is a believer, but
Hinduism isn't a missionary religion- either you are or you aren't. We don't
go to temple, though my daughter asks about going sometimes. The local
temple is a madhouse, at least that's my wife's reasoning. Personally, I am
not religious at all. I don't even call it atheist. Religion is just a
non-factor for me. Having said that, I don't have a problem with religion or
other people being religious. To each his own.

My wife and I sometimes get strange vibes from people, but since we're a
mixed couple it's out in the open and people are probably aware that
religion is not a subject we would discuss. We did have some neighbors that
tried to convert us once. Nice young couple. They invited us down to Mission
Bay for a "picnic" which turned out to be an opportunity to be re-born. My
wife bolted before the dunkings in the Bay started. I never even showed up,
I was getting "re-born" on a wave in La Jolla, hehe. They came over to our
house to ask if we could read the Bible together and they saw the big
Ganesha in the foyer. We never saw them again, which is a shame, but they
definitely were not comfortable having their child around pagan idolatry.