  From: Steve Mock
  To: CF-Community
  Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 1:11 AM
  Subject: Would love suggestions on boostrapping printing operation

  All, I am looking for suggestions/pointers to build a small print set up that
can handle the following:

  100-1000 prints per day of
  - (a) 4-color two-sided prints, parts of which have dynamic data different
for each user (in addition to name/address, users will submit data on our web
site that needs to be incorporated)
  - (b) Printed envelopes (can't do windows) that match the users for the above
prints
  - (c) Inserts that contain dynamic data specific to each user that are
dynamically printed and included in about 75% of the envelopes
  - key requirements:  the right print (a) and the right insert (b) have to
make it into the properly addressed envelope (c).

  For larger printing runs (1000+) we have a relationship with an external
printer.  For the smaller runs, I need to bootstrap an envrironment so we can
do so in house.  I would love to hear suggestions on
printers/software/tools/equipment that the community  might recommend in my
quest for a low-cost environment that will be reasonably automated.

  Thank you for reading my post.  I apologize if this is the inappropriate
forum.

  Regards,
  Steve