>I noticed my OS (C:) drive had a relatively small percentage of free
>space left.  I spent considerable time (I'm still re-installing lesser
>used applications) cleaning up the C drive, removing most of the
>programs that had installed to the windows "My Documents" folder, moved
>all my e-mail, ect.  I reconfigured and reinstalled as much as I could
>so that my other drives are used for all data and applications and the
>C: drive is left solely for the OS.

Well, I don't use the C drive exclusively for the OS, but I do keep all my
music/photos/video etc on a separate drive and keep a fair amount of free space
on it (at least 30-40 gig), so don't think that's the problem. I've gone
through a lot of attempts to clear up the problems, and often am able to get
small improvements...it just seems to be a never-ended struggle that I am darn
tired of going through. And frankly, I just don't feel Microsoft deserves the
money they are asking for their OS at this point. I don't feel like they are
serving the needs of their customers and as this thread stating to begin
with...are really shoving Vista down our throats. I'd rather support a company
that I personally feel is doing a better job of giving people what they want. I
just don't feel confident enough about using a Mac to make the switch. I can't
help but think my best bet is get a fully loaded new system with Vista and move
my current system over to being a development server to exclusively run all my
CF and DB servers so my primary system can be free of all that overhead. It
will be a little more hassle and as I mentioned, a space issue in my little
home office...but probably the way to go.