> What are your needs? I think image & photo programs on a mac blow away
> most windows ones, hence the reason why most photographers use them.

Not sure that's true anymore...and certainly not when it comes to cataloging
images for digital scrapbooking. Many of the DAM programs costs hundreds of
dollars....and still don't properly handle transparency on pngs, which is
essential when you are working with files for scrapbooking...probably 75% or
more of the files are transparent pngs. Adobe Lightroom for instance does not
handle them properly (at least, the last beta didn't). The main problem I think
is that the focus of most DAM software is on photos (RAW and jpegs)...after
all, they are designed for professional photographers. Scrapbookers generally
are looking for something cheaper ($50 at most), that can handle hierarchical
categories easily, do keywords and searches quickly, handle tens of thousands
of images, etc. And of course transparency...that's the biggest issue I run
across. ACDSee so far is the best program I have used, there are others like
ThumbsPlus that work well enough, even the free Picasa software does a decent
job (although is one that doesn't handle pngs properly)....all of these are
Windows only. I've even run across a couple programs designed specifically for
scrapbooking...again, Windows only.