By Archbishop Alfred C. Hughes, Clarion Herald Column, May 5, 2007

First, biblical fundamentalism does not answer legitimate scientific questions.
We need to clarify what it truly means to accept the inspiration of Holy
Scripture. God inspired human authors to compose sacred books. They present the
truth which God, for the sake of our salvation, wished to confide to us. The
Scriptures do not propose to offer scientific knowledge or even history
according to the more rigorous criteria expected today. They present religious
truth and salvation history!

Here is something the fundies need to learn.