We could have gone further with the Gulf War, but for various reasons
opted not to.  However, that does not equate to not finishing.

I believe the Gulf War was a victory.  Patton was in favor of pushing
through to Moscow.  He said the Soviets were a pariah and needed to be
dealt with.  Does that mean we didn't finish WWII?   We pushed Sadam out
of Kuwait.  That was pretty mush the agreed upon goal. Should we have
done more?, could we have done more?  Or would that have ended like the
situation we have now?