In 1987 we had a huge amnesty program.  Illegal immigration was out of
control etc...

So now we are doing it again?

WTF???

Fix the system and stop forgiving those who break the law.

I went to see the whales in Sacramento yesterday.  Probably upwards of
1,500 people.  An event that had no social, cultural, religious or
economic ties to any specific group.   I would venture to say that 60 -
70% of the people were speaking languages other than English.  Citizens
of the former Soviet Bloc Countries, Hispanic, Indian, Southeast
Asians.  Many maybe most were legal immigrants. If they can get here
following the rules why can't others?

Same thing at our local elementary school.  17 kids in the Kindergarten
class.  Of those 17 there are 6 who speak almost no English, another 5
who speak other languages as there primary language. Two white kids.  In
a neighborhood that I would say is easily 60% white if not higher.  The
apartments down the road a piece must throw the numbers off more than I
imagined.  however, we also have darn near as many private schools in
the area as we do public schools.    There are also schools that you
have to petition to get into. So I guess all the white kids are going to
those schools. My wife spoke with the teacher, she said that there is
general zero parent participation.  They had a talent show last week and
none of the parents showed up.  At our current school (catholic) there
is about an 80% parent participation.  At the schools you must petition
to get into there is mandatory parent participation.