On 5/23/07, Dana Tierney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >Not sure what Sharpton has to do with this, but, yeah, he's an ass too.
>
> the video is supposed to be in Sharpton's voice.

Rush didn't make the video; nobody seems to know where it came from.

> I think what Sam is not getting is that there is a difference between talking
> about racism and enabling it. When you say "magic Negro" in a discussion
> about a film made in 1962 which broke down barriers in that it showed a black
> man god forbid talking to a white woman, the word Negro is not necessarily
> inappropriate. It is not inappropriate for Spike Lee to note in coining the
> phrase that the wise old black man is a recurring theme in American films. I
> think I agree with Lee that this is a stereotype based on race. But merely
> referring to the concept is not racist. Nor is the author of that article
> particularly liberal from what I can see.

This has nothing to do with Spike Lee and everything to do with a
liberal named David Ehrenstein calling Barak a Magic Negro. When Rush
points and laughs at the liberals they try to hang him.

David Ehrenstein called Barak a Magic Negro. What do you have to say about that?

> Now, to air something that repeatedly uses the phrase out of that context
> seems quite different. Obama is *not* a magic negro as defined by Lee, since
> he is a main character in his storyline.

Tell that to David Ehrenstein. It's not out of context; read the LA
Times article.

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_Negro
>
> The fim clip is rather like a ten year old boy yelling bad words and saying
> it is OK because someone else said them first -- in some other context. Rush
> playing it -- well, it's at his audience's intellectual level.

He didn't do a video, he's telling you what liberals are saying about
each other. It's news worthy, he's repeating the news as told by a
liberal but when he does it it's racist. Are you that blind?