On 6/5/07, Dave l <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> well dont be stupid.. of course they are there to make money, thats a
> given..

Ok, i'll try not to be stupid

They just go about different ways of doing it. And like I said before.....
> microsoft tries to control everything by doing everything and the result is
> a bunch of REALLY shitty applications that are half assed done and rushed
> out with the notion that any problems and bug will try to be worked out
> later (ex: read what ms said about rushing vista out).

And a shit ton of very well done applications that work like a champ.

I used ms crap for well over a decade and now have used apple stuff for a
> few years and the end results are definably different.

Thats great. I've used MS stuff for...well...since I can remember I guess.
And overall, they've performed quite well and i've been very productive with
them.

"This seems like M$ paranoia run amok."
> Umm ok.... I actually dont see anything wrong with I had said. M$ makes a
> bunch of half assed products which people like you apparently are ok with,
> personally, if I buy a product I want something better than half assed....

I'm ok with products that work to make my job easier and help me be
productive. MS has, for the most part, done that. I can't speak to your
experiences, just mine.

"there's just the guy who gives you what you need, for less than the other
> guy."
> Some people are ok living in a trailer park and some people want a bit
> more out of a home and buy a house and the people that are ok with spending
> the extra $$ for a house obviously  dont minding spending the money to have
> something thats just "better".

"Better", for some people, seems to only entail something that is
non-Microsoft. It's just a perception I get, and it may be wrong...but there
it is.

> Bill says: we want to be everything to everybody and take all your money
> and give you half assed bug ridden software.

Bill needs to work on his public relations.

steve says: we dont want to be everything to everyone, we want to give the
> people who choose our products the best product that we can by not doing it
> all ourselfs but partnering with the people who do it best and then take all
> your money.

And all the microsof haters cream their shorts :)

I dont have any ms paranoia, I just think they are a shitty company with
> shitty products and they are not my choice.

Fair enough, though your sentiments do seem to echo those who DO have an MS
paranoia.

Are you ok with giving your clients or employer half assed lazy code or do
> you want to do the best you can?

The best...which is why all our stuff is done in .NET these days.

--
I'm calling all friends and people I met on the way down.