From: Jim Davis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, June 10, 2007 10:29 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: OKay - now that the "The Sopranos"...

..... has officially topped the list of the worst-ended shows (it edged out
"Roseanne" by a wide margin in my book), let's think about some of the best:

For my money the ending of "Newhart" has got to be the best damn ending ever
in television.  Inventive, self-deprecating and pure genius.

"Babylon 5" was a great ending for doing exactly what we expected and
reveling in it.  No last minute surprises, no "twists" - just exactly what
we wanted.

"Six Feet Under" ended remarkably well, from the unexpectedly premature
ending of the main character to the excellent montage which capped the show.

With so many shows not getting the chance to end well, and so many others
("Sopranos") ruining it utterly it's nice to remember that some actually
care enough (and get the chance) to do it right.

Jim Davis