Just one example, there are many that would swing the other way.

The success of the national health service is best shown by the fact that
not one of the major political parties would dare to get rid of it, even a
hint that it is being weakened provokes a media storm - it's pretty much the
number one priority for most voters in the UK, along with education.

My personal thoughts are that if my child or wife were ill I want fast
effective treatment without worrying about if my insurance will cover it -
that seems uncivilised to the point of being barbaric.