From: Michael Corrigan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2002 10:29 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Determining Image size

Good morning all,

    This one's got me really stumped.  One of our clients has a
section
of their website which allows other companies to sign on as their
affiliates.  They can give name, address, website, e-mail, etc.
but the
one part that's killing us is that they can also uploads their
company
logo.  We have a window pop up several times that tells them that
their
logo must be no more than 100x100 pixels.  Guess what? We've got
idiots
upload
a high resolution image which is about 13Megs.  Totally throws
off the
website.

Does anyone know of a way to determine the size of an image that
is
being uploaded?  Some way that I can test for height and width
and catch
those exceptions?  The solution that we had was totally cool with
the
client until the person that actually verifies the new affiliates
information got a hold of it and she's enough of a pain to DEMAND
that
we change it so that it's impossible to upload images that are
too big.
Funny part is that she thinks that they are not going to pay for
the
fix.  HA! We got the docs to prove it.

Thanks,

Michael Corrigan