Hello Gang,

I had this interesting mail this morning asking me to sign a petition
regarding the construction of a ‘Mega Mosque’ in the heart of London’s
docklands. This development will be paid for using tax payers money, with
development costs estimated at £100 Million.

What do you all think of this kind of thing? Should the tax-payers money be
used for the development of something like this? My view is that religion
and politics need to be kept as far apart as possible and politics should in
no way be influenced by religious beliefs or needs, however this view would
be expected from me as I’m a non-believer, what about you guys?

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/ScrapMegaMosque/

There are some more brief details on the link there along with a signature
section,

Just thought I’d share it with you, I’m sure you’ve all got a view on this,
we’re quite a mixed bunch of believers and non-believers on here I think. I
just feel that this money could be used in so many better ways. According to
the mail I received the current view was 56% in favour of the construction.

Thanks boys and girls,

Rob