I honestly can't see how anybody couldn't consider "Little Big Planet" a
"must have title".

> Now compare that with Microsoft. Mass Effect exclusive looking great,
> GTA with special 360 content, PGR4. Fable 2 360 exclusive, Ace Combat
> 6 360 exclusive. I mean even bloody Metal Gear might be available on
> the 360 as well!

How is this a comparison?  Clearly your tastes are better served by the 360
at this point but how does that detract from the, by any account, equally
impressive PS3 exclusives?  Mass Effect does look great, as does BioShock -
but dark gritty shooters are going to be a dime a dozen on either of the
consoles.  "Killzone 2" looks great as does "Infamous" - but honestly none
of those titles interest me all that much.

"Ratchet and Clank", "Lair", "Heavenly Sword" and "Drake's Fortune" are all
much more my kind of games - adventure games.  For me the PS3 is serving me
much, much better than the 360 at this point.  You mention Fable for the 360
but fail to mention Folklore for the PS3.  I've never liked racing games but
setting your jaw against GT5 from the incredibly little shown at E3 seems
premature at best.

> After the PS3 launch I don't trust any marketing material that sony
> puts out whatsover. Until the actual game appears on review sites, as
> far as I am concerned everything Sony says is a pre-rendered lie.

Sorry kid - this is just myopic.  You're picking on one instance (let's be
honest: Killzone 2) which was definitely a black eye for Sony but far from
unique in the industry.  If you don't want to deal with Bullshots you should
get out of this hobby.

It's even more myopic since Sony really seems to have taken the criticism to
heart.  This year's show was open and much more honest.  Nearly all the
games shown were gameplay footage.

> I think the PS3 is just totally underachieving. The PSP is
> simply....not relevant anymore. A slimmer design, overclocked, more
> Ram whatever is just not relevant.

It just annoys me when people talk about the PSP as a failure.  This can
only be said in comparison to the unusually great success of the DS and even
then it's not a failure.  The DS has sold over 70 million units: and well
done for them.  We've got two of them here.  But the PSP has sold nearly
half that... how is 35 million units a failure?  How does a 35
million-strong user base make a system "irrelevant"?

It's horrible to accept a position in this industry that there can't be
multiple successes in the same space.  The DS is the clear "winner" but that
doesn't mean the PSP is a loser.

> I'm still waiting on the PS3 to WOW me. The PSP just...it never did
> and I'm really done waiting now ^_^. The DS just beats it in all ways
> except graphics.

The PSP isn't for everybody but your statement isn't really fair.  What did
you want from the PSP?  It was always designed to make portable the home
console experience - how did it not do that for you?  Games like "Daxter",
"TokoBot", "I Love Katamari" and "Grand Theft Auto" are just as compelling
and as high quality on the PSP as they are the PS2.  Games like "LocoRoco",
"Crush" and "Lumines" are innovative and addictive.

It's also suprising because the very style of gaming you seem to enjoy on
the 360 is well served by the PSP.  "Killzone", "Burnout", "Metal Gear
Solid", "Syphon Filter", "SoCom" are all available and of remarkably high
quality on the PSP.

I'm not saying that this detracts from the DS in any way: I feel very
strongly that the two systems meet very different needs.

As for the PS3 - yes, it's been a slow burn.  A very slow burn.  I've still
only purchased "Resistance" (which is an incredibly good game - I liked it
even more than "Gears of War" and I loved "Gears of War").  I don't like
sports or racing - genres more than ably served on the PS3.  I like
adventure games and they're finally coming.

I still don't see how ANYBODY can watch the Little Big Planet movies and not
be wowed.  Sure you may not be wowed enough to spend $500 but still - you're
not impressed by that?  This is truly the game that will define the PS3 if
not this entire generation of gaming.

Home has also been very impressive.  Again, perhaps not enough to buy a PS3
but give credit where credit is due.

If nothing shown so far "wows" you then what does?  What on the 360 has
wowed you where these don't?

Jim Davis