> Sam wrote:
> Read the rest, it's about scientific consensus.

There is complete (except for nuts like Ball) consensus that there is
global warming, the only questions are:

1.) Is it a decade long, or centuries long, trend?

2.) Are humans causing it?

This guy sums it up best:

Richard Lindzen, Alfred Sloane Professor of Atmospheric Science at the
Massachussetts Institute of Technology and member of the National
Academy of Sciences: "We are quite confident (1) that global mean
temperature is about 0.5 °C higher than it was a century ago; (2) that
atmospheric levels of CO2 have risen over the past two centuries; and
(3) that CO2 is a greenhouse gas whose increase is likely to warm the
earth (one of many, the most important being water vapor and clouds).
******
But--and I cannot stress this enough--we are not in a position to
confidently attribute past climate change to CO2 or to forecast what
the climate will be in the future."
******
[53] "[T]here has been no question whatsoever that CO2 is an infrared
absorber (i.e., a greenhouse gas — albeit a minor one), and its
increase should theoretically contribute to warming. Indeed, if all
else were kept equal, the increase in CO2 should have led to somewhat
more warming than has been observed." (San Francisco Examiner, July
12, 2006 [54] and in Wall Street Journal, June 26, 2006, Page A14)