Slightly annoying static?

Sam gives voice to viewpoints that are shared by an awful lot of people in
this country.....ignoring him or dismissing him outright because those views
differ from yours, doesn't seem to me to be a very constructive course of
action.

Your stubborn refusal to even recognize other viewpoints seems awfully
similar to behavior that we commonly criticize Sam and his ilk of doing.

--
Her CD changer is full of singers who are mad at their cat.