Then you're lucky. :)

Seriously, one of the neighborhoods my foster son's mom lived in would
be considered a "bad neighborhood" by Madison standards. It's racially
diverse - there's not one dominant race there. Why is it bad? It's a
series of poorly maintained, low cost apartment buildings that are
known for drug dealing and prostitution. It's an economic thing, not a
color thing. Was I afraid to go there? Nope. Would I want to raise
kids there? Nope. There's no socio-economic diversity - no home
owners, no college students, etc. Which isn't to say that there aren't
some nice people there. She didn't stick in that neighborhood long
enough for me to meet anyone, but I'm sure there were some nice
families, just struggling to make ends meet.

Similarly, I wouldn't want to raise my kid in an all white farm
community, either. Diversity is important, but it needs to be
diversity on multiple levels.