What's so freaking hard to understand is how we are going to win this
war.  Iraq will not become a democratic nation anytime soon, maybe
never, so even if we run all the terrorists out of iraq, all they will
do is scatter to the neighboring countries.  From there, they'll wait
until we leave and then go back in, but this time with more recruits.

I understand your desire to win.  I think we all would love to win
this war, but with the iraqi parliment taking August off, their
apparent lack of progress, and the history of this completely
disjointed, tribal society, I don't see the political force
desperately needed for this to come to fruition.