From: Mary Jo Sminkey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2007 3:06 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: New AT&T Tilt

With all the hype about the iPhone, other great smartphones get too easily
overlooked. I finally after many years decided to drop my cellphone/PDA
combo and get a smartphone and by dumb luck came upon this new phone just
out from AT&T called the Tilt (overseas is the HTC Kaiser.) This baby rocks!
It's got a good slideout keyboard, nice QVGA screen that can tilt up when
you use the keyboard, lots of memory, 3 mb camera with autofocus, supports
3G and HSDPA for high speed transfers, has built in GPS receiver, new
windows mobile 6 OS, voice command and dialing, microSD memory slot,
replaceable battery, etc. They have a promotional price and rebates on it
right now which makes it only $300 with a 2-year contract and data plan. Of
course, AT&T loads it all up with a bunch of crap, demos and their
proprietary apps, so the first thing I did was reflash it with the HTC ROM
which is not only much slimmer but one of the nicest looking I've ever seen
on a smartphone. If you're looking for a new phone, be sure to check this
out, it's really an amazing price for what is IMO the best smartphone out
there. I blogged about my smartphone search if you are crazy enough to want
to read the whole saga:

http://blog.cfwebstore.com/index.cfm/2007/10/5/An-iPhone-Not-for-me

--- Mary Jo