On the way home from work today (i think this is my first EVER cf community
post from home!), I heard the best 5 minutes of talk radio that I have ever
heard....and if you can believe it, it was on the O'Reilly Factor. It
probably helps that he had a guest host today.

Anyway, they had on Judge John Jones, who was the judge who decided against
the teaching of intelligent design in the case a few years ago that was
decided in Pennsylvania. In just a few minutes, this brilliant man gave a
clear, concise, and easily understandable description of why and how the
teaching of ID in a public classroom violates the constitution of the united
states. His reasoning and his facts were crystal clear and indisputable. I
wish everyone in the WORLD would have been listening.

I"m so excited right now I can hardly type...i know, i need help. But it's
awesome to hear something that I've held so dearly, stated so eloquently,
before the entire country.

Oh, and the clincher? Judge Jones was appointed by George W. Bush, and
endorsed by two conservative senators. The guy was well spoken and immensely
intelligent. It really raised my spirits that maybe our system CAN be
propped up on the shoulders of men (and women, of course!).

One final thing, his appearance was prompted by a recent Nova special on PBS
that discusses the case, and the Judge says it does an excellent job of
explaining the case, the arguments on both sides, and his reasons for ruling
the way he did. Here's a link the PBS site that talks about the special:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/id/

Anyway....sorry for the long post! It's beer thirty! Have a great weekend
all!

BG

-- 
And all this could be
Just a dream so it seems
I was never much good at goodbye


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Check out the new features and enhancements in the
latest product release - download the "What's New PDF" now
http://download.macromedia.com/pub/labs/coldfusion/cf8_beta_whatsnew_052907.pdf

Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Community/message.cfm/messageid:246574
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Community/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=11502.10531.5

Reply via email to