I've been using the same webcam for something like 8 years now.  It's an
OrangeMicro FireWire camera.  At the time (no USB 2.0) FireWire was the only
choice for high quality conferencing.

But lately the rear FireWire port on my PC seems to be giving up the ghost
(drops the connection to any device after a few minutes) and this has got me
to thinking about just picking up a USB camera.  I hit justdeals.com (which
carry TONS of Logitech refurbs at great prices) but was immediately
overwhelmed... there's well over a hundred choices!

I'd like something that works well in moderate lighting (we use compact
fluorescent bulbs in the overhead lights), has a good picture and preferably
a choice of mounts (clipping onto the LCD monitor or freestanding).  We
rarely actually conference but we often use MSN Messenger to send streaming
video to my parents.

I'm partial to Logitech, they've rarely done me wrong.  Cost isn't a huge
issue but if I'm going to pay more than $50 there better be a good reason.
;^)
 
Any ideas to narrow things down?

Thanks,

Jim Davis



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Adobe® ColdFusion® 8 software 8 is the most important and dramatic release to 
date
Get the Free Trial
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;160198600;22374440;w

Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Community/message.cfm/messageid:249042
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Community/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.5

Reply via email to