From: Adam Churvis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 10:15 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: RE: If a Tree?

Here's one thing I learned after spending seven years and about $4,000
trying to get three neighbors to move their fences off my property:

99% of neighbors will never lift a finger to do anything you have a clear
legal right to compel them to do until you have gone through the proper
motions and serve them with legal notice that you are going to take a
specific action on a specific date certain.

Taking the time to be as nice as possible and then not doing anything
"official" until it just absolutely had to be done (in my case I had a
clearly-defined legal time limit) will help preserve your neighborly
relationship (if there was a viable one to begin with).  If you don't care,
go straight to a quick verbal request, a second verbal request, and they a
letter either from or cc'ing your attorney.

But whatever you do, see your attorney first and do exactly what he or she
says.

Respectfully,

Adam Phillip Churvis
President