Their justification is that 5% of users account for 50% of network traffic.
Sounds like I am one of the culprits, but I have business class service, so
I'm already getting shafted by them.

The irony, of course, is that the networks are rolling out next-gen 10 Gb
fiber connections all over the country, so there is plenty of backbone
bandwidth. The cable companies have just gotten fat, dumb and happy on
broadband user subscriptions and they want to keep milking it.